What do you have going on right now? Want to win $200,000? Create a 3-minute short film by October 7 and your life could forever change.
The world’s largest short film competition – My RØDE Reel – is back for the seventh year and they’re giving away $1 million in cash, including a crazy $200k for the winner of the Judges’ Choice award. There’s also a ton of prizes from brands like Lumix, Nanlite, Zhiyun, MZed, Musicbed, Rhino, Adobe, ARRI and more.
Prizes are great but you guys, it’s one million dollars cash that RØDE is giving away. So it’s not just the total value of all the products – it’s actual cash money.
Apart from the Judges Prize, there are 9 other categories and each has 3 winners. And each winner will win a number of prizes plus large sums of cash, like $10k-$75k.
Genre categories include Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, and an award for the best Behind the Scenes film. Special Prize categories include awards for People’s Choice, Young Filmmaker, Sound Design, and Best Chinese Film.
How To Enter
To be eligible for some of these amazing prizes, you have to submit a 3-minute short film, plus a behind-the-scenes film that features a RØDE product. The category briefs are open to your interpretation, so chances are an idea you have already floating in your head will fit perfectly into one of the categories.
Here’s a step by step for how you’re about to make bank from a short film:
- Head to myrodereel.com and log in or sign up for an account to access the starter pack. This contains the My RØDE Reel title card, which has to feature at the start of your film.
- Make a 3-minute short film. The brief is completely open – use the different categories to inspire the direction of your film.
- Make a 3-minute behind-the-scenes (BTS) film, which must feature a RØDE product.
- Upload your short film and BTS film to YouTube, then submit this link to myrodereel.com.
- Share your film for a chance to win a People’s Choice Prize.
For the full details on how to enter, head to myrodereel.com and log in or sign up for an account. This contains the starter pack, information on the competition, freebies, tips, inspiration and more.
28 filmmakers will win a share in the prize money, and anyone from any country is eligible to participate, so why not give it a shot? Good luck!
Entries are open now and close at 12PM (AEDT/GMT+10) Wednesday, October 7, 2020