The second annual Film + Music Conference will be held in Fort Worth, Texas on September 28-29.
Registration is open and currently goes for $599 per ticket. Prices will go up after August 30.
Billed as an event to bring filmmakers and creatives together, the Film + Music Conference debuted in 2017 as a collaboration between Musicbed and Filmsupply.
This year they’ve lined up a group of very talented presenters, including:
- Robert Legato – VFX Supervisor for Oscar winning films such as Titanic and Avatar. Check out his Ted Talk.
- Raine Allen-Miller – writer/director, currently at Somesuch production company. https://www.raineallenmiller.com/
- Franklin Leonard – founder of the Black List, which highlights unproduced scripts, some of which have included Slumdog Millionaire and Argo. https://blcklst.com/
- Minhal Baig – writer/director – https://minhalbaig.com/
- TwinTaoers – brothers Aaron and Winston Tao, award winning filmmaking duo.
- Dallas Taylor – Sound designer and founder of Defacto Sound
- Laura Merians Goncalves – Director of Photography for commercial and music video projects.
In addition to the presentations, the conference will feature hands-on breakout sessions with the presentors, focusing on topics such as lighting, sound design, writing, editing, and more.
Each pass holder can choose to attend four breakout sessions. They are designed to provide real-world, career advancing skills as well as networking opportunities.
All told, there’s a lot of value included in the price of a pass, more than simply talking head presentations. But as most conferences go, it’s up to you to make the best of it, by stepping out of your comfort zone and introducing yourself to people, standing up to ask your questions, and networking nonstop during the day as well as at the after parties.
Learn more about the Film + Music Conference in this recent blog post by Filmsupply.